Sunday 16 November 2008

Patience...

After the course on Wednesday night I attended the local Java Users Group meeting and saw some great presentations on Eclipse Rich Client Platforms and Spring's Rich Web Applications. Both of these shows were great and after each one I found myself saying "wow I've got to try that".
However time is an issue and I really need to set priorities otherwise I'll never finish anything. So with this is in mind I've decided to head back to an open source project I was working on. Its nothing special just a children's times tables testing game that I started some time ago. Its available here if you're interested.
Originally I used it to experiment with JFreeChart and NetBean's Matisse GUI Builder however I am now using it to test MigLayout as I really haven't found an easy to use GUI framework for swing. There seems to be too much choice and none of it (until MigLayout) seemed to be simple when coding by hand.
I haven't committed my latest tinkerings yet but will endeavour to during the week sometime.

No comments: